- It's linked to in-game when you click the "Lore" button. --Zero » [Talk] 00:11, 7 February 2018 (UTC)
Content Gripes and Outdated Lore
Since this page is protected, I can't do much but complain about just how low-quality it is. So, since I can't do anything, I'm going to take this opportunity to be incredibly harsh on whoever wrote this several months ago. Most of the lore is from June of last year, so I'll start with some simple lore inaccuracies:
- Firstly, the year is 2562, not 2561. Although, that's not really much of a lore issue, since it also lists the real year.
- The Miranian Republic doesn't even have its own page, so it's obviously not important enough to get its own mention.
- The Resomi don't exist anymore.
- The Joron are the Bogani again, because we all got used to calling them that while the forums were diddling on about name votes and democracy.
- Vox aren't stinky, that was Pariahs, which don't exist anymore.
- The Marines don't exist aboard the Torch either. They went the way of Vox Pariahs and Resomi.
- Cloning IS a thing. But the legality of it is really convoluted because its not formally written and its lore is just decisions made on the spot by the lore manager.
- Uplifted animals aren't mentioned anywhere else, at all. They might very well exist, but they sure as hell aren't common knowledge until someone writes them.
In addition to the lore being outdated or wrong in a number of places, I have several gripes about the content and formatting:
- The first three words are flat out wrong. This is not easy to read, it's a pain. Although "Turbulent Setting" certainly sums it up.
- Too much filler, inconsistent tone, and Jesus Christ the lean towards "casual tone" half the time is killing me.
- As Skeeveo mentioned, the page isn't linked to from anywhere else on the wiki, even though you're "Expected to read it before playing"
- On the very first bullet point, "(Don't worry this'll be explained)." has a period after it, which is wrong. In fact, parentheses in general are wrong. Pick up a damn stylebook.
- A large chunk of the grammar on this page is actually wrong, and it doesn't meet any sort of standard. As a protected page, it should be held to HIGHER standards, not no standards at all.
- Once again, a lot of filler sentences that explain things that are already implied or stated. For example, it says that the Torch/EC aren't military like 50 goddamn times; and that mega-corporations are like corporations, aye, no shit corporations are similar to corporations.
- "The Journeyman" is a rubbish heading and doesn't convey any information.
- Vox don't need their own bullet point in common knowledge, especially when it's almost word-for-word the sentence used to describe them earlier.
- The formatting of the page as a whole.
- The entire page is supposed to be common knowledge, we don't need another section with like two sentences worth of content using that tagline as well.
- Just a crap-load of grammatical errors.
- No links to anything except the TCC.
I'm hoping that someone with wiki authority might fix all this, or at least allow someone else to fix it. Because in-game, this is the only lore page the players have access to. It's supposed to represent the basics of our server's lore, not scare people off by going on tangents about pointless details every other sentence, while not even explaining the basic lore adequately. As someone who writes content for a living, looking at this page hurts me, and not being able to make it better hurts me even more. --Zero » [Talk] 20:37, 7 February 2018 (UTC)