|Accept orders. Deliver crates. Send mail. Refuel Guppy.|
|Difficulty: Very Easy|
|Access: Cargo Bay|
|SGEC branch ranks: Explorer(E-3)|
|Fleet branch ranks: Petty Officer Third Class(E-4), Crewman(E-3), Crewman Apprentice(E-2)|
|Civ branch ranks: Contractor|
|Part of the|
Head of Department |
Hangar, Supply Office
The Deck Technician is the grunt worker of the Cargo Bay. They are responsible for sending mail, receiving cargo, and generally ensuring that all the deliveries to the Supply department get where they need to go.
The role of the Deck Technician is one of the simplest on board the Torch. When orders are approved by the Deck Chief and the supply shuttle arrives, it is the Deck Technician's job to unload the new crates from the shuttle and either place them in the warehouse or mail them off to their destinations via the mailing room, as appropriate. This latter duty is accomplished by wrapping the crate with wrapping paper and tagging it for its destination via a hand labeler.
This is essentially all. In some circumstances, Deck Technicians may have to track down the recipients of their various deliveries in order to get the supply manifests returned, as these need to be shipped back via the supply shuttle for more points to order things with. They may also have to approve orders and call for the supply shuttle themselves in the absence of a Deck Chief, but this is about the extent of what any Deck Technician will be asked to do.
One of common tasks you'd be asked is to top off shuttles like Charon and GUP. It's also usually a good idea to do so without waiting for a request, people would rarely complain about having too much fuel.
To refuel a shuttle, do the following:
- Locate the fuel port on the exterior of shuttle.
- Use a crowbar to open the fuel port.
- Click on the fuel port with an empty hand to remove the fuel tank.
- Put fuel tank into a Hydrogen canister. There's one in the Fuel Bay near the Hangar.
- Fill it to the max pressure, like an usual air tank.
- Click on the fuel port with the canister to put it back.
- Crowbar it closed.
- If you have access to the shuttle's helm, check shuttle console for level of fuel.