|Protect corporate assets and personnel.|
|Access: Research Division|
|Related guides: Corporate Regulations, Standard Operating Procedure, Alert Procedure|
Head of Department |
Chief Science Officer
Research, SRV Petrov
The Security Guard is the research division's dedicated asset protection force on board the Torch. Their primary job is to keep the Research department safe from any and all threats, up to and including the incompetent Scientists themselves, and thus preserve the company's precious investments.
Unlike the Master at Arms, the Security Guard is not concerned with law enforcement. At best, they might have a mind for ensuring that corporate regulations are followed, but they are not there to act as police or crew management. They are there exclusively to serve as asset protection for research. They are handpicked for their skills and experience and thus are expected to remain professional at all times.
Usually, this is a fairly simple job. The Security Guard office, located at the entrance to the Research division, is roomy and well-stocked, with a hardsuit within easy reach for emergencies. And these emergencies are rare, all things considered, though the occasional wrench in the works does come up. For the most part, the Security Guard's job is to sit at the entrance to Research, look suitably intimidating, and keep non-employees from entering without the Research Director's explicit permission.
When things do go wrong, however, the Security Guard has one concern and one concern only: Protect EXO equipment, personnel, or other assets. This can extend to the labs, and the Petrov, as well as items or belongings as designated by the Research Director. Officers are expected to comply with the law at all time, but have direct reign of handling anything that is actively threatening the Company and its personnel. The exact degree of force required here is left open to the individual Security Guard's interpretation, though any permanent damage done to non-research personnel and property had best have an ironclad excuse at the ready for the inevitable interrogation that will follow.
So long as this only involves corporate property and personnel, this is fairly straightforward. When the rest of the crew gets involved, though, the Security Guard must keep in mind that they are still subject to Sol Central Government Law, and getting into firefights with members of the Expeditionary Corps, even if they have invaded the laboratory, is bound to lead to uncomfortable questions. This isn't to say that it doesn't happen, but that any Security Guard doing such should be prepared for the inquisition.
- Make friends with the employees and crew, both will be invaluable allies in the event that the research division needs help.
- The server offers both PCRC and SAARE equipment modifications - these are private security companies that contract to the EXO . Use these and use the 'Contractor' branch for varied play and gear.
- If playing as a PCRC Contractor, try to be polite and professional, focus on efficiency. PCRC and the EXO have a good relationship, so your opinion of the company may reflect this.
- If playing as a Guard, be loyal to the company and its officials, you've probably worked with these people for some time and protecting them is more than just a job.
- Use the below checklist, keep science clean and generally be of help to the science staff, it'll make your work easier.