|Baystation 12 |
|Guide for New Players|
|Engineering & Construction|
|Part of the|
Head of Department |
The ship's Solars are an alternative power source. They are meant to function as a backup or supplement, and generally cannot power the entire vessel on their own. Solar panels will usually generate a couple hundred kilowatts total, but this number can vary greatly.
The SEV Torch has three solar panel arrays. Two small ones are located on Deck Two, directly port and starboard from the Engineering Foyer; both are accessed via the maintenance tunnel. One large array is located on the Bridge, spanning across the roof of the vessel; access it via the maintenance hatch near Auxiliary EVA.
Setting up the solars is an easy process, and requires no special gear. The SEV Torch's solar arrays come pre-wired, so no EVA or wiring is required to set them up. You will need access to Engineering facilities.
- Go to the access room, marked with a yellow Engineering airlock.
- Use the Solar Control Console.
- Click "Search for devices".
- Set Tracking to "Auto".
- The solars should now begin generating power. If they don't, that's fine, it's probably just because the star is oriented the wrong way. Bad luck. Go try another solar array.
- Use the SMES. For now, just enable both input and output, and set them both to MAX. You may want to fine-tune this in the future, or disable output to save it in case of power loss. It's up to you.
- Repeat this process for the other two solar arrays, assuming they haven't been done already.
- That's it, you're done! Tell the Engineering team that you started up the solars.