|Relax. Enjoy the ride. Document the expedition. Work in Hydroponics. Goof off.|
|Difficulty: Very Easy|
|Related guides: Hydroponics|
|Alternative names: Journalist, Historian, Botanist, Investor, Naturalist, Ecologist, Entertainer, Independent Observer, Sociologist, Trainer|
|Civ branch ranks: Contractor, Civilian|
The Passenger is simply along for the ride. It has no authority and no responsibilities on board the Torch, and simply wanders the halls looking for ways to entertain itself.
The Passenger has no department head. As such, the Executive Officer is responsible for ensuring that they stay out of trouble.
The Passenger role is entirely roleplay-based, with absolutely no mechanical advantages, responsibilities, authority, or even access to the various areas of the ship. It is the ideal role for players looking to simply take a break. The role's alternative titles can be used to add flavor to any given Passenger character, and thus a hook with which to create role-playing opportunities with others. As this is the entire point of the role, taking advantage of this opportunity is highly recommended.
- Utilize the alternate titles! They offer unique roleplay opportunities.
- Ecologists, Naturalists, and Historians may be able to convince the right people that they'd be valuable on an away mission.
- Botanists may be able to convince Explorers to let them take a look at plants retrieved from exoplanets.
- A Sociologist could go around and ask people questions about their workplace.
- An Entertainer could collaborate with the Bartender or Cook to create something interesting in the galley!.
- As an 'Investor', try engaging with the Corporate Liaison, Captain and SCGR - flaunt your cash!
- The Journalist spawns with a press badge and camera drone that can take photos, transmit sound and video feeds.